Thanks to Marcin Ignac for pointing out that the below project grid is not working properly on OS X Safari. The long horizontal line of items is not intended ;). Please use another browser to view this until i get it fixed in the next 1-2 days. Happy Holidays!
I developed two versions of this company website for my friends from ITP. They would email me still mockups showing me their designs
and I would distill that into a real site. The first site in 2006 was a lot of flash, php, and xml. The second site in 2009 is more
php and html layouts. Because the original web host did not have mysql, I built a custom CMS which rewrites an xml file to disk and constructs
its interface based on the xml structures it finds. It turned out to be great for designing custom data structures.
Interactive Flash-based visualization of news items pulled from a mysql database for an art-activism group.
I developed this in preparation for a show at FACT, Liverpool having just made friends with project leader Naeem Mohaiemen.
The project was supposed to be open source, but I can't figure out where I left the source.
Visit website of Disappeared in America
I redid the website for the human computer interaction organisation in Liverpool England that was
commissioning me to do a couple pieces at FACT. I used an open source flavour of flash - mtasc and swfmill
with a lot of xml and a makefile. The source was made available on the site. We used the blog engine, b2evolution,
to manage the content, and the flash file just pulled the content from the mysql database and presented it this multi-windowed way.
Now that I look back on it, Drupal would probably have been more appropriate. The user interface was a bunch of UIComponent windows
that popped up inside the browser. Small green indicators and trails were used to point out where the user had clicked and dragged the mouse
in an artistic overlay. I subclassed the window component to add a resize control at the bottom right corner.